Do you have a Facebook page? :O I'd like to follow you on facebook too!!! Love your work ♥
Thank you so much! Yeah I do! You can find me here :3
Burning Man rocked my socks off! Thought of a short film idea and wanted to test out the concept.
I got to make an animated timelapse for this year’s 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower! Music by my amazing buddy Niko Leiva!
Doodle for the 2014 Perseid Meteor Shower. Thanks Katy Wu for helping me w/ the last shot!
Commission for David O’Reilly based on his game Mountain
You can buy the print on David’s store here along with other paintings from amazing artists.
do you think it's worth it to get an MFA? if you want to go into animating/illustrating but you're doing something else for undergrad studies cuz your parents are making you
I don’t know much about MFAs, but I think there are several factors to consider:
- where would you be getting the MFA from, and what program? how are the connections/teachers/classes?
- can you get another bachelor’s instead? many programs (e.g. calarts character animation) only offer BFAs. keep in mind that you don’t need to do all four (or however many) years, unless the degree is important to you.
- would you need to take out any loans? if so, does the potential experience/networking/knowledge gained from the MFA offset the financial burden you might incur? would your parents support you through your MFA (helping w/ tuition or cosigning on loans) or is it all on you?
- do you learn better on your own or with others? meaning, can you study animation/illustration in your spare time / along with a day job? or do you need a lot of time and support from teachers and classmates?
- what kind of work do you want to be doing afterward? animation studio or indie comics? feature or tv? is the MFA geared toward what you want?
- most importantly: would you be happier trying to forge your own path, or entering a dedicated creative environment? (the two are not mutually exclusive btw)
Art school is amazing for the people you’ll meet, but it is expensive and by no means necessary, especially if you’re ready and able to learn on your own!! Good luck :D